EASTHAM, PLYMOUTH, MASSACHUSETTS (Originally called Nausett by the English)


Eastham was first settled by Europeans in 1644. It was incorporated in 1651. The original lands now include the towns of Truro, Wellfleet, Orleans and a small piece of Chatham.

FAMILIES: Atwood, Bangs, Brown, Cook, Doane, Freeman, Harding, Hopkins, Knowles, Prence, Rogers, Smith, Snow, Sparrow, Williams

List of original inhabitants of 1655


Barnstable County page

Wikipedia article

Historical Society

Cape Cod History website (among other things, this site has a nice map)



View Larger Map


Vital Records:

The early vital records of Eastham were published in The Mayflower Descendant, although many pages are missing. This journal is available online to members of the New England Historic Genealogical Society on the American Ancestors website.

Send comments and corrections to anneb0704@yahoo.co.uk