The original European settlers of Rowley were Rev. Ezekiel Rogers
and about twenty families who came to New England in the John of London.
It was incorporated in 1639.
The town originally included parts of what are now Byfield, Georgetown, and Haverhill.
Dummer, Joseph N., "Byfield Parish Baptisms," Essex Antiquarian 2, 1898, 51-60; 6, 1902, 49-56.
Dummer, Joseph N., "Byfield Parish Deaths," Essex Antiquarian 7, 1903, 145-158.
Image in the public domain
View Larger Map
Send comments and corrections to email@example.com