Middleborough was originally 15 miles long and about nine miles
wide, lying 15 miles from Plymouth and 34 miles from Boston.
The town was incorporated in June 1669 as Middleborough (although referred to as Middlebury in early records).
Known by the Indians as Namasket, the area began to be settled by the English in 1660. In 1662 a large portion of land was purchased from Josiah Wampatuck for £70. [Ref] The names of the 26 men who purchased land are: [Ref]
image in the public domain
Send comments and corrections to email@example.com